Tuesday 26 June 2012

Power upgrade

We are upgrading our power....... and here are some pics!


The old transformer is only an 11 KVA. The goverment has a requirement that power supply to domestic homes must be at least 16KVA.

We are putting in a 25KVA transformer so I will be able to put in air-con and also an oven upgrade.

It has been a long time coming.



We are required to put it underground so that we minimise poles (no poles, no maintenence). So we are ripping up my garden and lawn to put it in. We will have to concrete our path again too as it crossed it as well.


We used a bobcat to dig so many trenches. We cut water lines, we crisscrossed all over the place and hopefully we will be able to get heating/cooling now. That is rather important when the mornings have been like this.


We have a Jindara wood heater, but the house is so huge it is freezing cold. We have many doonas on and I have nearly worn a beanie to bed it is that cold. High ceilings = cold house.


Trenching that goes everywhere....

We had to shift my greenhouse away and I am not sure where I am going to put it yet. So will post pics when it is in place somewhere.

So this power upgrade has been 6 months in the making. 6 months ago I applied for it and it probably will be 3 weeks until it is finished. Such a big job. I am happy that our pumps won't break down due to our crappy power again.

No comments:

Post a Comment