Tuesday 11 September 2012

Keeping perky

I am sick.

My little boy has been sick on and off for the past couple of weeks. He goes to Preschool one day a week, and every time he goes, he catches another nasty bug. So every Monday rolls around and he has to stay home and of course, this time he gave me his virus.

So now I am a coughing, lethargic mess.

I feel a bit better than last night so I have been playing on the computer and  procrastinating a bit.

I started out by taking some pics of my Manchurian pears.



Ignore the weedy garden and focus on the pretty blossomy tree!


I love the spring blossoms!


I painted my nails for the first time in about 5 years too. It perked me up immensely!

Should do it more often, but I get cranky with chipped nails...So they last about two days until I break out the nail polish remover.

I am not a nail person, but I saw a Harper's Bazaar in the Newsagent with a (free) Napoleon nail polish and it felt right - so I bought it.

I quite like the colour. It is called "Ballerina Pink".

Painting nails is much easier, and has that instant gratification factor that painting the house does not at the moment.

Cannot get over the amount of mice that are getting about too. Spring brings all the critters out. Ditto for snakes. There are plenty getting about since our wet summer. Must look down when walking around here.

Hope everyone has a great hump day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm exactly like you when it comes to nails! Quite frankly, I just don't have the time. We had a few mice problems down in Millthorpe too - and I HATE mice. It's funny to hear that even country folk still get grossed out by them as well. BTW - great job you did for the birthday party. Hope you're feeling better soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mice are rather disgusting!

      I never had many in my old house, it was well sealed and this house has too many gaps for them to creep through. x

      Delete