Sunday 14 July 2013

Where have I been?

I have been taking a break from the blog. Not that I really wanted to, but I haven't been home much to actually blog.

The bookwork called, the accountant wanted end of year stuff, the kids had sport, sport and more sport. And I had a few trips all over the place.

It was lovely to have a few weeks off from the busy term time to just chill. I wish it were longer! We didn't do anything exciting these holidays, but I tried to catch up as much as I could before the rush again. Don't worry, I am still behind - but that is to be expected with the craziness of life with kids on a farm.

Cattle contracts, buying, selling, sorting, mustering has been happening around our traps. Along with renovating, painting, sorting out my pool problems etc.

Phew.......


I probably should add some pics to this post...



Trying my hand at growing a few veggies. I want to put in a veggie garden soon, but for now, I grow things in polystyrene boxes in my greenhouse.



Ear tags all written on and drying out. Ready to mark some cattle.







The show came to town and  scary masks and gun showbags were the order of the day.



Testing out the height of motorbikes on growing boys legs. The 50 is getting too small for H now!






Pony rides for the little fella, he picked this nice little black one.



Scary rides for the big fellas.






Football season is here, this is the Rugby at Moree.


We have been all over the place taking these boys to their rugby carnivals.




We have been playing League as well.



And Soccer.


Tamworth Rugby.

That was a trip and a half! I took the boys to Walgett for Soccer on a Saturday morning. We played three games each boy and then I went to Tamworth via Burren Junction, Wee Waa, Narrabri and Boggagri. We stayed in Tamworth and played three games of Rugby on Sunday (each boy). T'was a long round trip by the time we got home on Sunday night. And about 700kms on the speedo that sporting trip.

We have done Quirindi too, done lots of motels, lots of dinners out and lots of time in the car. It is insane times, but it is family time too. They are little for such a short time, so it feels worthwhile, even when everything is chaotic at the time.






We like to go "camping" which means we light a  fire 50 metres from the house and toast marshmallows in our jarmies. I don't "do" camping, so this is as close as I get to organising a camping trip.


 
 
Winter sunsets are magical!
 
 




Hungry sheep on the road. Lots of drovers about!








The rodeo came to town
 
 
 
 
Mechanical bucking bulls are always a hit.




I must confess, I had my doubts as to whether the boys should sit on this bull for a pic. The reason being that my husband's voice in my head was saying over and over again "Never trust a bull - even if they are the quietest bull on earth, hand fed and rared from a bottle".

My heart was in my mouth until they got off.

Yes, he was quiet as a mouse, probably asleep and used to people standing (yes standing) on his back for pictures. But I wonder if there will be a day when he is so sick of it he snaps, and flings someone off!

Bucking bulls in action.


Cowgirls watching the action.




There you go!

A quick catch up to what has been happening in Cattle and Cushions world. I will be blogging a lot more than I have been, that is the plan anyway!

Cheers to more blog posts!

1 comment: